Saturday, December 13, 2014

ROB TOGNONI'S RETRO SHAKIN' OFFICIALLY RELEASED AS THE LOST ALBUM


Just a short note to let you know my "new" CD - The Lost Album - is now available for download at http://www.robtog.com/mp3.htm

Here is a little info from me on the liner notes of the Album:

"I was signed to Provogue from 1995 – 2001, releasing 4 albums for the label. At the time but a small boutique label founded by Dutchman Jan Van der Linden, Jan only signed artists he liked, and luckily I was one of them after being brought to his attention by Australian slide master Dave Hole in 1994.
 
Jan went on to sell Provogue in 1999. The new owner’s taste was more slanted towards Texas Blues back then, so my heavier on the Rock style was no longer a priority, motivating me to leave by early 2002.

Reclaiming my musical freedom, I recorded my next album, Retro Shakin’, later that year and manufactured a limited edition of copies myself that I sold exclusively on tour. Subsequently I signed with Blues Boulevard Records and have released 7 albums with that company so far. Remembering how much fun I had recording Retro Shakin’, I suggested to label owner Alfie Falckenbach that we give the album a proper official release, so here it is: Retro Shakin’, now more aptly titled The Lost Album, after 12 years, finally released, no longer lost."

Also, upcoming gigs this month are:

12 Fr - Germany, POSTBAUER-HENG - K.I.S.H.
13 Sa - Netherlands, SITTARD - Mir Mustang Sally
27 Sa - Germany, BLUMBERG - Kaktus Bar

That's all for now! :-)

Take care
Kind Regards


Rob
http://www.robtog.com
http://www.facebook.com/robtog


No comments: